If you haven’t checked out LobellaLoves.com yet then you just have to. It’s the online marketplace that brings together the most gorgeous finds for little ones and mummies, from toys and clothing to home-ware and decorations. Every seller is handpicked and the result is a unique range of quality goodies perfect for modern day parents.
And it’s not just the range of products that’s amazing; the brand has a beautiful ethos too. Lobella Loves aims to support talented artisanal creators and boutique entrepreneurs, whilst giving back to fellow mothers suffering with mental health issues:
‘One of the things I was really intent on doing when I decided to launch my business, was to help other mums in need. When I had my daughter Bella I found myself struggling with postnatal depression and eventually decided to quit my high-pressured job as a corporate lawyer and set up Lobella Loves, which gives back to other mothers suffering with mental health issues via donations to Cocoon Family Support as well as through our real life events like Tea For PND and our Notes For Hope campaign which offers support and understanding for women going through the trials of post natal depression or related mental health problems.’
– Jo Love, Founder of Lobella Loves.
This month KeriKit HQ were delighted to get to know the businesswoman and super-mum behind the brand – Jo Love. Taking on our notoriously rigorous interview questions, Jo shared her pearls of wisdom on life, business and babying and we think she is just fab.
The words I live by are: It’s cool to be kind
I am most proud of: My daughter Bella, and the fact that my business Lobella Loves is able to support women affected by Post-Natal Depression. It’s a subject that is close to my heart.
What is your best piece of advice for women/mothers/businesswomen? If you believe you can, you can.
- I’m most looking forward to… Christmas! Bella is finally the age where Christmas has more magic about it and having come across so many incredible sellers through my business research and partners, I have a lot of one of a kind gifts that I can’t wait to treat my daughter to. Christmas is so much more fun with children around!
- What do you do in the face of competition? Up the ante!
- The last book I read was: Parenting The Shit Out Of Life by Mother Pukka
- How do you relax? Lying down with a big glass of wine.
- If a movie was made of your life who would play you? A young Kim Catrall would be amazing!
- What’s the most interesting thing in your handbag right now? The business cards of several incredible women I’ve met with lately – my handbag is always full of notebooks with scribbles of ideas, plans, to-do lists, contacts, connections, people and places that I don’t want to forget (as well as the odd squashed raisin and always a lippy or three!).
- If you could bathe in any liquid what would it be and why? Prosecco. For obvious reasons.
- Has a hangover since having a child ever been worth it? Oh god yes!
- Favourite thing your child says? ‘Love you Mama’. It doesn’t get better than that!
- 24 hours without your kids – what do you do? Quick mini break in the country with my husband for some serious R&R!
- My essential survival item for motherhood is: Coffee wipes. I mean – baby wipes and coffee. Definitely coffee first.
- My most embarrassing motherhood moment is: Wet boob patches in public. Surprisingly hard to style.
Would you rather…
Only be able to whisper or only be able to shout? I’d have to be a shouter. A friendly shouter.
Thank you for being so fabulously candid and witty Jo; your philosophy of helping fellow mothers and spreading the mum-love is something we both consider to be very important! Keep doing you because we’re loving it.
Visit Lobella Loves now, and keep an eye out for the new sellers Jo will be adding just before Christmas – it’s the perfect place for gifts that are extra special and a little bit different.